Regular membership is available to any lawyer admitted to the Rhode Island Bar who is actively and substantially engaged in the practice of criminal defense. Each member shall be entitled to one vote on each matter brought for a vote to the membership.
Associate membership is available to individuals whose work or expertise is substantially related to the field of criminal defense. Such associate member shall be a non-voting member of the association.
Student membership is available to any law student who is interested in the field of criminal defense. Each student member shall be a non-voting member of the association.
Benefits of RIACDL Membership Include:
- Discounts on relevant, high quality seminars!
- Free admission to RIACDL’s ethics seminar, held every June, just in time for the end of the MCLE year!
- Access to RIACDL’s state of the art website, listserve, and forum.
- Eligible for consideration for the Reilly Scholarship to the renowned National Criminal Defense College!
- Free subscription to the Office of the Public Defenders Training News Newsletter and Criminal Law Reporter case summaries.
- … and much much more
Annual dues are payable on or before September 1st of each year in the following amounts:
Attorneys practicing five or more years: $90.00
Public Defenders and attorneys practicing under 5 years: $50.00
If you would like to purchase a membership, please visit our online store.
If you have questions about membership, please contact our membership director using the form below.